Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's Always Something With Us Meinweisers!

This coming Monday I will be going into "surgery" to have subepithelial connective tissue grafting done on my gums. Basically they are going to cut pieces of tissue from the roof of my mouth and suture it to parts of my gums...OUCH! I will be awake but on Ativan for the procedure and yes, I am one of those people who is deathly afraid of the dentist so I am having anxiety about this already. On top of everything else insurance will only cover about 10% so this will be about 5,000$ out of pocket and I need to have it done twice (once on each side of my mouth). I am clearly in the wrong profession ladies and gentleman! Hopefully all goes well and I am "out of it" enough not to remember a thing!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the procedure! I hate dental stuff too that's why I haven't removed my wisdom teeth and probably never will unless I really HAVE to!.. and talk about being in the wrong profession! ha!
    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete