I know I'm about a month late but we've been busy around here! I honestly can not believe that my little man is already 4 years old! Where has the time gone? Honestly, it feels like just yesterday that Brian and I were driving to Norfolk General to be induced and now he is already 4 years old...
We went all out this year for his party. The theme was pirates. We got a pirate ship bouncy house, two big inflatable pools, yummy food and a pirate cake. The kids loved it and most importantly, Caden had an absolute blast! We invited some of his school friends this year which made him even more happy. Each time a friend arrived he would run up to them and give them a big hug and then drag them over to the bouncy house! Let me tell you...little boys can be quite rough but the girls that were there held their own!
He got so many toys that we had to stash some in the closet to save for a later date. I can honestly say that I know we probably went a little over board this year but it was SO worth it. Just seeing his face and how incredibly happy he was, made it all worth it. With Isabel being so sick and needing so much attention sometimes it was nice to be able to focus all of our attention on Caden for the day.
He is turning into such a fantastic little man. He is so curious and fascinated with the world around him. He has a ton of energy and could probably go for days straight if I would let him. He is really looking forward to starting pre-K with his friends this year. He is doing very well with his letters and numbers and has learned how to write his first and last name.
Like many other kids his age, he has had to deal with a little sister...but Caden's situation is quite different and he knows it. It's hard for him sometimes when he sees Isabel getting extra attention when she is sick. He doesn't understand that he can't wrestle with her or hit her head like he does with his friends. We try to give him extra special time with both mom and dad but we only have so much to go around. Overall, he has been a great sport and we love him for that. He gets to do fun things with us that "sissy" can't do, and believe me, he really looks forward to those times.
He is a great little boy and I can't wait to see what year #4 brings us. We love you buggy!





No comments:
Post a Comment