Tuesday, January 20, 2009

April 2008

Caden was 8 months old and we finally felt "ready" to add another baby to our family. I had been watching my bloodsugars for quite some time knowing that we both wanted a second child. Thankfully my doctor gave me the "okay" and we started trying in May 2008. We thought that it would happen right away like it did with Caden...we were wrong. In September I went to my OB/GYN and he put me on Progesterone to hopefully increase our chances of conceiving. In October I returned to his office complaining of pain (which has been going on for years) in my lower abdomen. He did an ultrasound and found a large cyst on my right ovary. He suggested surgery to remove the cyst and also to rule out endometriosis. The surgery was scheduled for October 31st. Thankfully everything went very well and I recovered quickly. At my follow-up appointment he said that he saw no signs of endometriosis or anything else that would prevent me from getting pregnant. He said to try for another 3 months and if we still weren't pregnant then he would start the fertility drugs. We were hoping that it wouldn't come to that but it did give me a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment