
Let me start this blog by saying that we both know that we are so incredibly lucky to have our sweet baby boy. He is the light of our lives and is constantly keeping us on our toes! We were lucky enough to get pregnant with Caden on our first try...beginers luck I guess! We found out we were expecting about a week before Thanksgiving 2006. We were both so excited but I quickly became nervous due to my type 1 diabetes. I knew that my bloodsugars had to be perfect in order to have a healthy baby. Thankfully we found a wonderful doctor who guided us through the pregnancy and ran a series of tests and preformed extra ultrasounds to ensure our baby was doing well. I was induced two weeks early (on July 9th 2007). We expected a quick labor considering I was on bedrest for 10 week out of my pregnancy due to contractions...boy were we wrong! I was in labor for almost 24 long hours before Caden decided to make his appearance on July 11th at 12:15am. He was perfect in every way! He did have some problems regulating his bloodsugars, which is normal for a baby of a diabetic mother but thankfully his body started to regulate them on his own by the 2nd day. He did have to stay in the hospital for 2 extra days for jaundice. At the time I was very sad that I couldnt take my baby home but thankful that jaundice was his only problem.
Caden was a wonderful newborn baby. He ate and slept very well and hardly cried. I was lucky enough to stay home with him for 6 months, which meant a lot to me considering being a mom was all I ever wanted to do.
Caden did have his fair share of problems including reflux, multiple ear infections and surgeries to place ear tubes in his ears. He also had plagiocephaly and had to wear a helmet for 6 months to reshape his head. Thankfully in December of 08 the doctors finally figured out that Caden was never actually having ear infections at all...his adenoids were infected causing his ears to become infected. He had his adenoids removed and we have been ear infection free ever since! He is behind in his speech due to all of the infections but we are hoping that it starts to improve soon.
Today he is a rambuncious 1 1/2 year old. He is definetely a blessing from God and we are so thankful that he is in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment