

It's been a long road but one that has been well worth it! Our new addition arrived at 10:55am on 11/27/09 weighing in at 6lbs 3oz and 18.2 inches. I called the hospital the morning of the c-section anticipating that they would push the surgery back but they actually asked if I could come in any earlier. I quickly finished up all my last minute chores at home, said my goodbyes to Caden and left. They prepped me for the c-section fairly quickly but had to wait until I had at least 2 bags of water through my IV in order to get the spinal. At 10:20am I kissed Brian goodbye and walked back to the OR. They gave me the spinal and quickly laid me down. I could feel my legs getting numb but nothing else. They kept poking me with a dull metal needle and I could feel each poke. They inverted the bed so that my head was lower than my legs but that didn't work either. They finally made the decision to put me under general anethesia. I was so upset and started to cry hysterically. The nurse took my hand while they put me under. I woke up in the recovery room with the nurse and Brian by my side. Brian handed me the camera and showed me some pictures of our beautiful baby girl. My doctor stopped by and said that Izzy came out screaming and grabbed onto her finger! She got 9's on her Apgars which is unheard of for a c-section baby. I was so happy to hear all about her and see the pictures but I wanted to badly to see her. About an hour later they brought her to me and I couldn't have been happier. She was perfect.
They finally transfered us to our room and let us get settled. I was quite sick for most of the night but thankfully I began to feel better by the next morning and was able to eat some solid food. The c-section was a breeze and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I was up and moving around the next day and barely had any pain. Isabel's bloodsugars regulated by themselves so she did not need any intervention which was wonderful. Breastfeeding was going well but my milk did not come in until the day we left the hospital so we had to cup feed her some formula. She came home from the hospital at 5lbs 12oz which scared me but within the week she was back to her birth weight.
Overall it was a scary and stressful pregnancy but it was well worth it. By the grace of God she is here with us...hence her middle name.
No comments:
Post a Comment