Tuesday, April 28, 2009

7 weeks


Wow, what a week it's been! I have been so incredibly sick with this pregnancy! I can barely function at work and when I get home I have no energy to do anything around the house or to play with Caden. I have been taking Phenergen to help with the nausea but it barely takes the edge off. I had my first OB appointment last Friday. When I got to the office I had to give a urine sample and when I did I noticed blood. I immediataly started to freak out because that is how it all began when I lost the last baby. I demanded an ultrasound but the tech had already gone home for the day. The doctor had to use a very old machine. He did see a heartbeat but said that the baby was measuring very small. He put me on bedrest and told me to come back Monday for another ultrasound. I went in yesterday and saw my beautiful baby measuring exactly at 7 weeks with a heart rate of 136bpm...I couldn't have been happier!

2 comments:

  1. That's fantastic!! I'm glad your beautiful little baby is just where he/she's suppose to be and is okay!! I'm confident this one will stick to bless you all with another beautiful baby. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim! This pregnancy was VERY rough for me at first too.. but it's all better now.. It started getting better around the 13th week.. so hang in there! ;)
    I'm glad things are looking good!!!

    ReplyDelete