Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sleeping troubles...

We are having some issues with our little princess.
It appears that she is a whole lot smarter than her Mommy and Daddy give her credit for! She knows what she wants when it comes to sleep, and she won't budge until she is in bed with us! She goes to sleep around 7pm after some cereal, a bath and me rocking/nursing her. She is awake when I place her in the crib and normally falls alseep on her own. Between 12 and 2am she wakes up and oh boy if you don't get in there fast enough she will wake up the entire street with her screaming! I first try to put the paci back in, if that doesn't work, I change her diaper and nurse her again. I then attempt to place her back in the crib and that's when all he** breaks loose! I have tried standing there and rubbing her tummy, I've tried standing there with my eyes closed hoping she'll get the hint, I've tried just standing there...nothing works! If I walk away she screams so loud that it wakes Caden up...now we have 2 kids to deal with! SO, I have been giving in lately and putting her in bed with Brian and I and no joke, as soon as her head hits our bed, she is out like a light! I know this is a horrible habit to start but once she is in our bed, she will sleep soundly until 7am (if we don't have to wake her at 5 for work). Honestly I am so incredibly tired right now, I will do anything for some sleep but I know somewhere down the road when we have a 4 year old trying to share our bed I will be furious with myself for ever allowing this to happen!

3 comments:

  1. Kim!! Don't do it! She HAS to learn to sleep in her crib.. Don't make the same mistake you did with Caden!
    I know I may sound super harsh, but I only do it because I love you and I care!
    Babies are very manipulative and they will go as far as their parents let them!
    Just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...thankfully last night went much better. I woke her up around 9:15 and fed her again. She slept until we woke her up for daycare at 5:30!
    Have fun on your trip Adriana!! Take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DON'T DO IT!!!!

    Kim, I made that mistake with Jackson when he was a baby and boy am I paying for it! I have finally JUST got him into his own bed, but his bed is still in our bedroom and he still wakes up once or twice a night. His sleep habits are terrible and I wish I would have never allowed him to sleep with us in the first place. On the other hand, Mia is an excellent sleeper. Hang in there! It will get better!

    ReplyDelete