money that we spent on drinks or the attire that we wore to attract who we thought was "Mr. Right". I remember dancing with all my friends surrounding me, a drink in hand and not a care in the world. How nice would it be to go back there...even if it's only for one night. I know that I could gather a few friends and head out to the bars. I would go with every intention of having a good time but in the back of my mind would be the kids. What are they doing, are they okay, if I have 1 more drink will I be capable of taking care of them, can I afford to buy 1 more drink?? I know it's not ever going to be like it used to be, and maybe I'm just remembering the good. I'm actually dying to go back to that time...why you ask? I really couldn't give you a straight answer. But, maybe someday I can go back to the bar, dance in a tight circle with my friends, drink in hand and be carefree...even if it is just for 1 night.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Just one night...
I think sometimes about how carefree my life used to be before I had kids. I think back to my college days where we would go out 4 nights a week and not think twice about the amount of
money that we spent on drinks or the attire that we wore to attract who we thought was "Mr. Right". I remember dancing with all my friends surrounding me, a drink in hand and not a care in the world. How nice would it be to go back there...even if it's only for one night. I know that I could gather a few friends and head out to the bars. I would go with every intention of having a good time but in the back of my mind would be the kids. What are they doing, are they okay, if I have 1 more drink will I be capable of taking care of them, can I afford to buy 1 more drink?? I know it's not ever going to be like it used to be, and maybe I'm just remembering the good. I'm actually dying to go back to that time...why you ask? I really couldn't give you a straight answer. But, maybe someday I can go back to the bar, dance in a tight circle with my friends, drink in hand and be carefree...even if it is just for 1 night.
money that we spent on drinks or the attire that we wore to attract who we thought was "Mr. Right". I remember dancing with all my friends surrounding me, a drink in hand and not a care in the world. How nice would it be to go back there...even if it's only for one night. I know that I could gather a few friends and head out to the bars. I would go with every intention of having a good time but in the back of my mind would be the kids. What are they doing, are they okay, if I have 1 more drink will I be capable of taking care of them, can I afford to buy 1 more drink?? I know it's not ever going to be like it used to be, and maybe I'm just remembering the good. I'm actually dying to go back to that time...why you ask? I really couldn't give you a straight answer. But, maybe someday I can go back to the bar, dance in a tight circle with my friends, drink in hand and be carefree...even if it is just for 1 night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha! I totally get what you're saying... but you're right.. it's NEVER the same.. I've gone out a few times after the girls were born and I could never stay out past 1am... I get too worried by then!
ReplyDelete