Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Isabel is 6 months old!

I can't believe that she is only 6 short months away from being 1 year old! Where did my baby go? She is such a good little girl though...always laughing and willing to give one of her million dollar smiles! She is starting to interact more and more with Caden and I just love to sit back and watch the two of them together. She can roll both ways now and is just starting to sit up, although I fear we have a ways to go before she has that skill down pat. She really seems to enjoy her excersaucer and her jumperoo...and boy, can this girl jump! She is going to have legs of steel by the time she is a year old! We just started her on stage 2 foods and she seems to be enjoying the
new flavor options. Unfortunately we had to say goodbye to breastfeeding because she seemed to want more than what I could give her. I am truly happy that we made it to 6 months though and I still have some frozen milk that I am adding to her bottles. As of now, she will only drink about 3-4ozs per bottle but I am hoping that as she gets used to solely drinking from them, her appetite will improve. At her 6 month check up she weighed 14lbs 10oz (25%) and was 25.5in. (45%).
She is now entering the "I want Mommy and only Mommy stage". Caden went through this also, but not to this extent. If I walk out of the room she just starts screaming, throwing her head back and arching her back. She has very bad stranger anxiety which is new for us considering Caden would go to anyone on the street if I let him! Also her sleeping habits are HORRENDOUS! She goes down around 7pm and will wake up about 5-10 times before 9pm. Then she will sleep until about 3, eat , then go back to sleep until 5:30ish. Oh well...who needs sleep anyway!
In a way I am not looking forward to her growing up, I wish she could stay my baby forever, but I know that's not reality. So here's to the next 6 months...to the crawling, to the first words, and of course, the first steps. I love you little bear!












1 comment:

  1. Wow! 6 months already! that's nuts! I'm sorry about the poor sleeping..that must suck!

    ReplyDelete