Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Our trip to RI

Last weekend we packed up the family and flew home to Rhode Island. Thankfully the flight there went very well (so well in fact that I thought for a brief second that I could handle the two kids on my own for the next trip)! We had to jam a lot into our quick 3 day visit and on the top of the list was visiting with baby Genevieve and Juliana.



Jessica and Ryan willingly gave up their newborn for a few hours while I visited...I honestly could have held that sweet baby forever! We also got together with Jen, Tom and baby Juliana...it was wonderful to see my oldest friends now with children of their own!
Caden and Isabel enjoyed the attention that they received from their Mimi and Pop. Caden and Izzy were even taken on a trip to Toys R Us and out of the entire store...my boy picked out a nerf battle axe (oh geeze) and Izzy got a Hannah Montana ball! We also got to visit with my Uncle Bob and Grandmother.
It was a great trip...everytime we visit, I wish we could move back. I miss my friends and family so much! The flight home by the way was HORRENDOUS...I wont get into the details but let's just say that Caden screamed for the entire first flight and the large man sitting next to us sang twinkle twinkle little star and gave me the "mom arm" when the plane landed.

1 comment:

  1. No, you CAN'T handle both kids on your own... Been there, done that! Let's say I WILL NEVER do it again! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete