Friday, February 11, 2011

I did it!

I cut the rope...and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be!
Brian and I had to attend a 3 day work meeting up in Richmond this past week. We agreed that I would come home the first night and that our good friends, Kevin and Mandy, would take the kids for the second night. For weeks counting up to the meeting I tried to make excuses in my head why I should come home the second night also. I just couldn't fathom leaving the kids with someone else for the night. I knew I HAD to do it, both for myself and for Caden and Isabel. Kevin and Mandy are great parents and wonderful friends so I knew that they would be just fine in their care. I'll admit that I did shed a tear or two during the meeting that day.
Thankfully we got a call the next morning saying that Isabel slept through the night (SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT?!) and Caden did very well also! I am so happy that I decided to leave the kids and enjoy a night out with my husband and coworkers. I think that it was much needed for the me and also for the kids. Next time this situation occurs, it will be much easier for me to enjoy myself knowing that the kids can and will live with out me for the night!

1 comment:

  1. I felt like that went we went to Europe and now I'm ready to do it all over again!! Ha ha! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete