Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm getting scoped!

Yikes...that sounds bad doesn't it! Well I am having an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy or an EGD tomorrow at 11. This is a fairly easy procedure where they put you under and place a scope down your throat to look at your esophagus, stomach and small intestines. I have been having really bad reflux and stomach pain since I had Isabel and it does not seem to be getting any better with medication. They suspect a stomach ulcer, but we'll see! I asked for a bit more sedation than they normally give patients because the thought of something going down my throat terrifies me! Thankfully the procedure only takes about 30 minutes and I should be able to go home once the sedation wears off. It doesn't sound like much fun but I'm trying to look at the silver lining...I get a free pass to sleep all afternoon and night and have Brian take care of the kids!! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. It went okay. They took a few biopsies and we are waiting on the results. I have a follow up appointment in a few weeks so hopefully we will know something by then!

    ReplyDelete