Monday, August 10, 2009
22 Weeks
Well this week has been eventful to say the least! Caden had been sick with a cold, nothing too bad so we kept sending him off to daycare. Last Wednesday we pick him up and he has a rash all over his face and down his neck. I took him home to give him benedryl thinking that maybe it was just something that he ate...wrong! We took him to his pediatrician that night and it turns out that he has fifths disease. No big deal for him, considering that the rash is the last part of the sickness, but a huge deal for me! I was feeling sick that night and started to run a high fever. I called my Obs office the next morning and told them about my fever and also that Caden had been diagnosed with Fifths disease. They told me to come into the office to get some bloodwork done to see if I had contracted the disease. They took one look at me and sent me over to labor and delivery at the hospital. They immediately hooked me up to a fetal monitor which was nice because we got to hear Izzy's heartbeat for almost an hour. The doctor came in and asked about my symptoms and said that I needed to be quarenteened for the swine flu! They took numerous vials of blood and wanted to to stay in the hospital for the weekend...no way! By this point I was feeling a bit better and wanted to go home and sleep in my bed. I checked myself out of the hospital thinking that I would get the test results at my doctors appointment on Monday (today) because the tests took 3-5 days to come back. My fever went down and I slowly started to feel a little better as the days progressed. At my doctors appointment today she said that the swine flu test was negative (could have told you that) but I have some fifths disease in my blood. She doesn't know if it's an antibody or if it's not built up enough in my system yet and I have it now. She is going to retest in 2.5 weeks and until then there is nothing that we can do. If the numbers rise at the next blood draw then I will have to go in and have an ultrasound every week to ensure that Isabel is not retaining fluid. If she is, then she will need an in-utero blood transfusion. Please keep us in your prays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment