I am not one who asks for prayers readily but in this instance I felt that it was necessary. I have been part of the What to Expect (WTE) community since I was pregnant with Caden. I have met some of my best friends on the July 2007 board. When I found out that I was pregnant with Isabel, I decided to venture over to the December 2009 board. Although I have not grown close with any of the ladies on this board, I still chat regularly with them. I found out that one of the ladies, Athena, lives close by and that her daughter, Sage, was born only a few days after Isabel. On June 26, 2010 their family got news that would change their lives forever...baby Sage was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia. She is now at our local Children's Hospital fighting for her life with about a 55% chance of survival. So far she is doing very well but her fight has just begun. This hits home with me because I personally could not imagine Isabel having to fight this tremendous battle. Here is her website: www.caringbridge.org/visit/sagebaker
I recently emailed her mom and asked if they needed anything and she replied, "prayers". So, please send your thoughts and prayers to this little girl who has a huge battle ahead of her. Events like this really put things into perspective, especially for me. No matter how many times the kids get up at night or how many temper tantrums they throw...they are healthy and are at home with me and Brian and that's all that matters.
Wow! that's really sad! Prayers are going her way!
ReplyDelete