Monday, August 30, 2010

9 months and counting!

My peanut is 9 months old! While this age is extremely cute and fun, I still miss that newborn baby stage. Last month was very eventful for Isabel. She got her first tooth and learned how to crawl! She also mastered the skill of pulling to a standing position and is just starting to cruise. She really seems to like her new found Independence but is still very clingy to me. If I leave the room she will attempt to crawl after me but eventually just gives up and cries. I'm assuming this is normal, but I don't remember Caden ever being this bad.
Miss. Izzy does enjoy eating though. She has moved away from baby food and now only wants to eat what we are eating. Even though she only has one tooth she still manages to get almost anything down! Her favorite right now are pancakes, waffles, mandarin oranges, bananas, peas, pizza crust amd macaroni and cheese. At her 9 month well-baby visit she weighed in at 17lbs 3oz and was 27.5 inches tall. She is much smaller than Caden! I looked back at his baby book and he was 17lbs at 3.5 months!!
She is really starting to like playing with Caden and just lights up when he is around. He is usually very gentle with her but he will give the occasional hit or push if she tries to ruin his castles or take a truck. She is going to be one tough cookie!
Isabe; is sleeping fairly well although she still gets up about 1-2x a night. I am thinking that this mostly has to do with teething as she is getting tooth #2 right now. She is starting to say some words...not clearly but she has mastered "uh-oh"! Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment