Tuesday, June 9, 2009

13 weeks



What a week! This past Sunday (at 12 weeks 6 days) I saw bright red blood. I immediately went to the ER being as that is how I lost our last baby. I got there around 10am, again I had to go alone because Brian had to take care of Caden. They took some blood and started an IV. They did an internal exam and found that my cervix was still closed then they ordered an ultrasound. The tech came into my room around 11:30 and started the ultrasound. She couldnt tell me if the baby was alive or not and she wouldn't show me the screen. When she was through she asked, "Are you here alone?" which made me think that the news was not good. About an hour later the doctor finally came in and told me that my baby was just fine but my placenta is directly over my cervix which was causing the bleeding. I was told to stay on bedrest until I saw my OB. Relieved and hungry I left the hospital around 2:30. The next day I called my OB who got me in right away. They did another ultrasound (this time I got to see it) and my placenta is covering my cervix. The doctor said that it is normal, but the bleeding along with it is not. He put me on strict bedrest until next Wednesday when I see him again. We are all hoping that it decides to move in the meantime! I did get to see the baby again which was wonderful. I've attached a great picture of it sucking it's thumb. The babys heart rate was 165! Please continue to pray for the baby and I. I will update you next week after my appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment