Yay for the 3rd and final trimester! What a relief...only 10 weeks (give or take a few days) left! Besides feeling horribly tired and the almost constant heartburn, I'm actually doing pretty good. I don't have any doctors appointments this week but did get my seasonal flu shot. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not to get the H1N1 vaccine, enough research has not been done and I just don't want my little girl to be the guinea pig. In other news I have decided to go ahead and get the c-section. In a way I feel like I am taking the easy way out but after my last labor and delivery and the amount of time it took to heal, I feel like I have earned the right to take the easy route. I know recovery from the c-section will be difficult especially since I can't handle any narcotics, so I'm not sure what they are going to do for pain prevention...hopefully I can just grin and bear it (haha)! I'll talk to my doctor at our next appointment which isn't until October 5th. I'm hoping that she can narrow down a delivery date so my parents can book their tickets to come down and take care of Caden!
Sadly I had to call and tell my regular OB/GYN that the high risk group would be handling my pregnancy from here on out. I would have loved for him to deliver Izzy but I just don't feel that he has the experience to deal with my condition. And God forbid, if anything is wrong with Isabel the hospital that I would deliver in with the high risk group has a top notch NICU. It was a hard phone call to make since he has been so helpful but I needed to do what was best for both Izzy and myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment