Wednesday, September 2, 2009

25 Weeks

Ugh, I can't get through one week in this pregnancy with out some kind of drama! I can't stand it! So apparently the nurse who ordered the Fifths Disease test last week ordered the wrong one, so it told me doctor nothing of importance. I got a call yesterday morning telling me to come over today for more lab work. These test results take 4-5 days to come back so in my mind I wanted some reassurance before the long weekend that Izzy was okay. I asked then to preform a quick ultrasound and when they placed the wand on my tummy they saw some fluid build up in her stomach. This was a very old ultrasound machine so they moved me to a room with a nice new one. Again, they saw the fluid. They ordered my blood work "stat" so they are hoping that it will come back sometime this week. If my numbers have risen they will do another ultrasound next week to see if the fluid has increased. If it has, she will need a blood transfusion as soon as possible. Thankfully she will not feel the needle as it is inserted into the umbilical cord. The doctor said that it usaully takes 1 or 2 transfusions but that in the end she will be just fine. Please keep us in your prayers and I will update whenever I hear anything.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry this pregnancy has been so hard on you! I really hope the next few weeks go by fast so you can finally enjoy your little girl!
    Take care and remember I'm always thinking of you!
    Love,
    Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Adriana. I don't want to make a big deal about it but I am really freaking out. I hate all of this stress :(

    ReplyDelete