Another exciting (that's an understatement) week for me and Izzy! On Monday morning I started having contractions but didn't really think too much of it. I tried to take it easy all day but when I went into the bathroom I noticed blood. The combination of the two scared me enough to call my doctor. She told me to head over to L&D right away. By this time it was about 6pm so I had to go alone, as I didn't want to bring Caden with me that late. They hooked me up to the monitors and right away noticed that I was having contractions. They weren't consistent but they were definetely there. The doctor checked and I am ~1cm dialted...not too bad. They decided to keep me overnight to monitor my contractions, and I am very thankful that they did. Around 9pm my monitor started beeping and in came the nurse. I guess my pulse was 229! The whole time I was there it did not go below 135. The doctor asked if I have been getting dizzy and short of breathe and I answered yes. I have been just chalking it up to being pregnant! They referred me to a cardiologist to take a look at my heart. Thankfully this only seems to happen when I am pregnant but it may also mean that my heart just cant handle the pregnancy. Thankfully they released me yesterday around 130pm. I have a follow up with my OB and with the cardiologist on Monday. Until then I am to take it easy. I went back to work mainly because I'm not sure if my doctor will put me on bedrest when I see her on Monday and I need to get some things finished up. Izzy looks great though, so that's all that matters!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
29 weeks
Another exciting (that's an understatement) week for me and Izzy! On Monday morning I started having contractions but didn't really think too much of it. I tried to take it easy all day but when I went into the bathroom I noticed blood. The combination of the two scared me enough to call my doctor. She told me to head over to L&D right away. By this time it was about 6pm so I had to go alone, as I didn't want to bring Caden with me that late. They hooked me up to the monitors and right away noticed that I was having contractions. They weren't consistent but they were definetely there. The doctor checked and I am ~1cm dialted...not too bad. They decided to keep me overnight to monitor my contractions, and I am very thankful that they did. Around 9pm my monitor started beeping and in came the nurse. I guess my pulse was 229! The whole time I was there it did not go below 135. The doctor asked if I have been getting dizzy and short of breathe and I answered yes. I have been just chalking it up to being pregnant! They referred me to a cardiologist to take a look at my heart. Thankfully this only seems to happen when I am pregnant but it may also mean that my heart just cant handle the pregnancy. Thankfully they released me yesterday around 130pm. I have a follow up with my OB and with the cardiologist on Monday. Until then I am to take it easy. I went back to work mainly because I'm not sure if my doctor will put me on bedrest when I see her on Monday and I need to get some things finished up. Izzy looks great though, so that's all that matters!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment