So finally after 6 phone calls and three days later I get a call back from Isabel's neurologist. It went a little something like this;
Dr. "Um Mrs. Meinweiser I heard that you had something to talk to me about"
Me "Yes, My daughter is not acting like herself. She is very distant and is not giving us many smiles or showing much emotion and after her seizure the other night...
Dr "She had another seizure?"
Me "Yes, she had one on Monday night. I called your office and spoke with the on-call doctor who upped her medicine dosage."
Dr "No one told me about this...did you go to the ER"
Me "No, like I said, I called the on-call doctor and he upped her dosage"
Dr "Well I don't like this at all. The medicine should not make her act like this, you should set up another EEG and some into to see me as soon as possible"
Me "We have an EEG set up for next Wednesday the 6th"
Dr "Why didn't you call us sooner"
Me "I did, I left six messages"
Dr "Oh, I see. Well up her medicine dosage to 2.0mg in the morning and at night and I want to see you in the office after the EEG to see what's going on with your daughter. Something's not right"
REALLY...YOU THINK?!?!
So I called the office this morning to set up an appointment for the end of next week and was told that he is booked until June and I would have to leave a message for the doctor's nurse...so here we go again. It doesn't help that Isabel was up all night with croup and she decided to share her cold with me, FANTASTIC!
In happier news Caden finally went back to school yesterday after a week off due to strep throat. On the way to school he busted out with, "Momma, don't be a drag, just be a queen". No more Lady Gaga with the kids in the car I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment